Never Trust a Smiling Bear
A Collection of Extraordinary Travel and Outdoor Stories
Edited by Matt Jackson
ISBN 978-09734671-85, 220 Pages, Trade Paperback
Welcome to the fifth volume of our popular travel and outdoor humor series, a line of books that has produced bestselling titles such as Mugged by a Moose and A Beaver is Eating My Canoe. Join thirty-one intrepid travel writers who will take you on a journey from Alaska to the Amazon to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. It's another helping of zany, absurd and downright preposterous tales of misadventure, some of which are hardly believable. We hope you enjoy!
- Meet a bear that breaks into the remote Alaska home of Scott and Suey Linzmeier in search of … the bathroom?
- Join fisherman Donnie Grant in an epic battle with a Mirimichi salmon that lasts more than twenty-four hours.
- Tag along with Don Wilkinson on an extreme off-road adventure in Canada's Yukon, where he confirms firsthand that Toyotas don't float.
- Watch Sarah Lolley at a Vietnam zoo as she barters with a monkey for one of her boyfriend's prized possessions.
- Encounter a mysterious wild animal in Ontario's Algonquin Park that seems bent on ransacking David Lee's campsite.
- Join sailor Stuart Reininger and his fourteen-year-old daughter as they attempt to save a drowning pigeon while battling a storm in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
Read the Introduction
Read a Sample Chapter
< Back to the Bookstore