Mugged by a Moose
A Collection of Extraordinary Stories from the Great Outdoors
Edited by Matt Jackson
ISBN 0-9734671-3-4, 220 Pages, Soft Cover
Is a bad day spent outside really better than a good day at the office? This collection of twenty-three short stories, written by twenty semi-intrepid adventurers, aims to answer that question. Alternately laugh, cringe, giggle and feel inspired by our writers as they tell some of the most outrageous tales from the Great Outdoors you've ever heard.
- Traverse the length of Prince Edward Island on a living room sofa with Brent Curry and his unsuspecting Danish friend.
- Paddle a canoe from Alberta to the mouth of the Amazon River with two accidental adventurers from Great Britain.
- Make friends with Rick Kunelius, a Banff-based marriage commissioner who weds couples under very unusual circumstances.
- Learn about the curse of marrying an adventurous husband from Leslie Bamford.
- Join Marty McLennan on the world's first-ever bicycle journey the length of Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula.
- Rescue a moose from drowning in an icy Yukon lake with Hazel Booth and three friends.
- Take part in Canada's most gruelling winter race with Matt Jackson at Quebec City's winter carnival.
Read the Introduction
Read a Sample Chapter
< Back to the Bookstore